July 25, 2018
How We Use Your Information.
We (FlashMarks.com) aim to protect information you provide us. In legal-speak, we are a “data controller” for this information.
When we say “personal data,” we mean any data that relates to an identifiable individual. These data include name, address, online identifiers, payment details or email address.
We collect and retain personal contact information that you submit to us voluntarily in signing up to our products and services or any mailing lists. This information includes your name, mailing address, web address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address.
Additionally, we collect contact information provided to us during any correspondence relating to customer support, as well as in connection with products and services offered on our FlashMarks.com website (“our Site”).
We collect and retain financial information you provide when you order our products and services. For example, when you apply to register a domain name or sign up for any other product or service through FlashMarks.com, we require you to provide a credit card number and billing address before we process that application.
Information on Your Use of Our Site.
We collect information about the device you use to access our Site and information on your use of the Site itself, such as the domain name, Internet Service Provider, browser type and version, pages viewed, information accessed, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address you use to connect to the Internet.
We also collect information in relation to “Cookies” – for more information, please review our policy on cookies.
We collect and store demographic information (your postcode, gender and age). We may use this data to tailor your experience on our Site, ensure you are at least 18 years of age to make purchases, provide content that we think you might be interested in, make general improvements to our Site, and display Site content according to your preferences.
Such demographic information may be shared with our partners and with market researchers and other third parties on an aggregate, non-personally identifiable basis. No personally identifiable information will be linked to such aggregated demographic information that is shared with third parties.
How We Use Your Personal Data.
We use this information to perform our contract with you and fulfill your requests, such as:
- Sending you requested service information;
- Fulfilling your order;
- Billing for services;
- Creating directories (only when you explicitly ask to be included);
- Responding to customer service requests, questions and concerns; and
- Administering your account.
Except as noted, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are transactional and not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to cancel your services with us. We also engage other companies, individuals, and affiliates of FlashMarks.com to perform certain functions and services for you. These third parties:
- process credit card payments;
- provide marketing assistance; and
- remove duplicate information from customer lists.
If you provide your information in order to be included in our free directories, you are consenting to
(1) individuals contacting you to solicit your products and services and
(2) businesses contacting you to market services you may find useful.
If you provide your name for a promotional offer or to enter a sweepstakes or contest and you win a prize, we will post a winner’s list online where your name and city will be listed for our promotional purposes and to demonstrate the transparency of a competition. Also, if required by law, we will file your name with state agencies.
To protect our Site and our business, we monitor use of our Sites and we use the information we collect, including personal data, to pursue our legitimate interest in protecting you, others and the Site itself by:
- identifying fraudulent activities and transactions;
- preventing abuse of our Site and investigating and/or seeking prosecution for any potential threats to or misuse of our Site;
- investigating violations of these agreements or enforcing them; and
- otherwise protecting the rights and property of FlashMarks.com, its partners, and customers.
To pursue our legitimate interest in improving our Site, we also use personal data to conduct research and analysis and to identify what services you and other customers like you need:
- to better understand how people interact with our Site, so we can better provide communications about products which we think will be of interest to you; and
- to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
Whenever we process data for these purposes, we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights.
You have the right to object to this processing if you want and, if you wish to do so, please click here email@example.com to update your communication preferences.
Please note: if you object, this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
Who We Share Your Personal Data With.
We provide your personal data to companies that help us with our business activities (e.g. assisting us in our Site operations, providing customer service, etc.) or that assist us in improving our products, content, services or advertising. These companies are authorized to use your personal data only as necessary to provide these services.
When you ask to be part of our directories, the information you provide will be displayed publicly. We will also share your personal data:
- As required by law, court order or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency (including ICANN) in order to enforce or apply our Services Agreement or other agreements.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request. This includes exchanging information with law enforcement, other companies and organizations for fraud protection, credit risk reduction or other similar purposes.
- In connection with a corporate change including a merger, acquisition, transfer or sale of assets or in connection to insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership. Information about our users, including customer information, will also need to be disclosed to our legal and financial advisors, investors or potential buyer in some commercial transactions seeking financing, investment or support or funding.
- To any other third party where we have your prior informed consent to do so.
Where We Transfer Your Personal Data.
Our Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States.
How We Keep Your Personal Data Safe.
We work to protect the security of your financial information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) software, which encrypts the information you input on our Site. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You can further help to ensure your security by taking a few simple precautions. For instance, it is important to protect against unauthorized access to your computer and to any FlashMarks.com username and password, and to be sure to sign off when you are finished using a shared computer.
Your Rights In Relation To Your Personal Data.
You will be entitled to ask us:
- For access to a copy of your personal data
- To correct, erase or restrict our processing of your personal data
- To transfer the information, you have provided under contract or consent to another organization
- To stop processing your information, by withdrawing your consent or objecting to our legitimate interests.
Your rights in relation to your personal data are limited in some situations. For example, if we have a legal requirement or a compelling legitimate ground we may continue to process your information. We will provide you with information on whether there are limits or exemptions that apply to any request that you make.
And as always, all of our customers that simply wish to unsubscribe from our communications may do so by following the unsubscribe link found either at the bottom of any of our marketing emails or within the footer of our Site.
Please note, in no event will financial information be provided over the phone, nor will such information be provided without verification.
You also have the right to make a complaint if you feel your personal data has been mishandled. We encourage you to come to us in the first instance but, to the extent that this right applies to you, you are entitled to complain directly to the relevant supervisory authority. This can be the supervisory authority where you reside or work, or where you believe a breach has taken place.
Links To Or From Other Websites.
FlashMarks.com has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies or information gathering practices of other websites, including those to which we may link and those which may link to us.
We recommend that you review privacy policies of every online service you use before submitting any personal data and direct any concerns to the site administrator of that website.
You must be at least eighteen years old to register online or purchase our goods or services. FlashMarks.com does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of eighteen.
Changes To This Policy.
Resellers and Private Label Partners.
FlashMarks.com may, at its discretion, choose to have trusted resellers and/or private label partners (collectively, “Resellers”). We may process customer Personal Data on behalf of Resellers.
In such cases, the Reseller is the data controller and FlashMarks.com is the data processor; each party’s obligations will be outlined in the Reseller Agreement between the parties.