Science and technology are always progressing and shifting – seemingly faster than the speed of light. The progress in these industries over the last century has been nothing short of amazing, and your branding needs to echo that principle. We’ll help you get started with a few key aspects your logo should contain and several examples to inspire your own science or tech logo design.
Science and tech logo tips
- Pay attention to the existing data on what consumers look for in a logo (more info below)
- Zero in on what your branding should communicate – what does your business do?
- Look to current science or tech brands for inspiration (plus check out logo examples below)
Interesting to note are statistics on the ways consumers react and respond to visual branding cues. Did you know that the right color can improve customer perception of a brand by 40%? How about the fact that it takes between 5-7 exposures to a logo before a consumer will recognize it? More data on the way consumers perceive brands:
- First impressions are formed within 10 seconds – much of that is based on visual branding cues
- The human brain processes images 60,000 times faster than text
- A signature color can increase brand recognition by 80% (Tiffany blue and Starbucks “ownership” of green)
- 33% of the top 100 brands in the US use blue as the primary color in their logo
Science and tech logo examples
Whether you’re in robotics or genetics, there are unlimited possibilities for developing a visual identity that will make your company stand out. Check out the examples below!
- Symbol: Rocket taking off – perfect for a brand like “Digital Fuel”
- Color: Pale lime green is a bold choice and really stands out
- Font: Squarish sans-serif fonts looks ready for the future with emphasis on the word fuel
- Flashmarks: Marks optimized for social media (shown here below the logo). With flashmarks, you can instantly brand content on your website and social stream. Available with all logo downloads.
- Symbol: Simple light bulb with depiction of a leaf inside where the filament would be
- Color: Vivid aquamarine blue paired with light gray looks clean, modern, professional
- Font: All lowercase sans-serif font on either side of the symbol makes the logo resemble established brands
- Symbol: Abstract, concentric swirls look like a tunnel leading somewhere – playing off “quest”
- Color: Ocean blue make the symbol and second word stand out because of the contrast with gray “growth”
- Font: Sans-serif type has an air of simplicity that is both timeless and modern
- Symbol: Abstract, simplistic depiction of a double helix DNA structure
- Color: Combination of dynamic purple, medium gray, and black create a strong color palette
- Font: Short, square font with narrow sans-serif type contrast and complement each other
- Symbol: Two-part triangular shape could be interpreted as a mountain peak
- Color: Striking orange and light gray make an energetic, bold statement
- Font: Basic sans-serif font centered under the symbol gives this design a polished look
Make a free tech logo
You can make your own tech logo in minutes with our massive library of original, unique logo symbols. They’re sorted into sections based on industry. By choosing the Science + Technology industry on the FlashMarks free logo maker, you’ll automatically see hundreds of logo symbols related to every niche in the industry.
Feel free to use the search box to look for something specific! Your logo is 100% free to make and free to download, plus we’ll show you the matching flashmarks and premium logo files! Give it a try.